Finally, I've released version 1.4. on the maven central. I intended to release earlier last week, but I bought a new computer and had a lot of trouble going from lost data to hardware incompatibility with linux.
But the time has come! I worked quite a bit on this version to fix a lot of bugs and I hope it is more stable under every OS platform. Here are the release notes:
- Windows :
- now the native library can be compiled using mingw, both under windows and linux. It is still possible to compile using visual studio, but mingw compilation is preferred.
- a small bug in getInstaledPath function has been fixed.
- fixed native library extraction and loading
- Mac OS :
- fixed problems with getProfile and other functions that depended on deprecated MESSAGE object have been fixed.
- framework extraction fixed to work both from jar and eclipse
- Linux : a major rewrite has been done. There are now two native implementations, the old one using X11 and a new one using DBUS. The X11 version was very unstable and sometimes would even connect to a skype instance running on another user.
Besides the bug fixes, some new features have been added:
- Chat.setGuidelines : can be used to change a set guidelines
- Chat.addListener : allows registering a listener that will be triggered for users entering and leaving a chat
- Skype.addChatEditListener : allows adding a listener that will be triggered when messages are edited
Besides, the samples have been moved to its own project and a lot of refactorings have been to done to organize the code.
The samples can be found on the following project:
Again, for newcomers, you can use the API adding the following dependency to your maven project:
There is also a shaded jar, if you prefer:
That's it for now. Please, feel free to drop bug reports, I'll try to be more promptly from now on.